Well that was real mature...

Well that was real mature...

Saturday, February 21, 2015

Mother Nature is a Harsh Mistress (aka The Saturday Schedule that would Never Stabilize)

Xander wrestling for 3rd place 1/4/2015.
This time last week, we were planning on spending Saturday in Johnson City, TN attending Xander's Regional Wrestling Tournament. Sadly, it conflicted with ETSU-Con, ironically also in Johnson City. Illustrator extraordinaire and my www.adventuresinpulp.com partner in crime, Matthew Childers, found out about the convention at ETSU fairly late but managed to get us a table but, alas, seeing my beginner wrestler get clobbered took priority over a little shameless self promotion. 

So the schedule was set. Finito. Stone. Until...

Immovable object, meet unstoppable force. Mother Nature struck. Hard.

Xander outside today.
Schools were out all week, wrestling practices were altered, and finally on Thursday the Regional Tournament was cancelled. Hello ETSU-Con, welcome to the world of shameless self promotion. I became giddy at the idea of inflicting, er, I mean introducing Adventures in Pulp to Johnson City, particularly the college kids. So last night Matt and I had our plan set but apparently, Mother Nature has keen hearing and decided that we cannot have a schedule set, not this weekend. "Not on my watch," she laughed as she dumped more snow in the already frozen, ice covered roads.

When I saw how much it had snowed and how hard it was coming down, I was ready to toss in the towel. Matt was on the fence, we decided to play it by ear. The forecast looked good. Maybe we can just be late?

So the con is underway and I am sitting here pounding out a blog entry. Matt just called and is going to try to brave it. The snow has tapered off and is just about to let up. It looks like the temperature is rising. I might be able to make it as well. Better late than never.

Just don't tell Mother Nature, I think she has it in for me today.

No comments:

Post a Comment